The Real Diaper Industry Association board held their annual board meeting Monday, October 14th and elected new officers to lead the association during this exciting time of growth for the cloth diaper industry.
- Chairperson, Catherine Bolden, (The Willow Store / Sprout Change), manufacturer
- Vice Chairperson, Michelle Caparoula (Changin’ Time), diaper service
- Secretary, Mia McDonald (Mother Earth Diaper Service), diaper service
- Treasurer, Dennis Frederick (All Together Diaper / OsoCozy), manufacturer
|Catherine Bolden, Chair||Michelle Caparoula, Vice Chair|
|Mia McDonald, Secretary||Dennis Frederick, Treasurer|
Earlier this year, we asked each of the RDIA board members about their cloth diaper use and their involvement in the industry.
Why do you participate in RDIA?
Catherine Bolden: “I want to share benefits of reusable diapers to educate people to shift to a more reusable lifestyle.”
Michelle Caparoula: “In order to be an effective advocate for cloth diapers, you have to be a skilled mythbuster – and that requires knowledge of solid evidence-based in research. It’s a priority of mine to make sure that evidence gets disseminated to RDIA members and ultimately to current and potential cloth diaper users.”
Mia McDonald: “I hope to help pool the resources and talents of other cloth diaper business owners while promoting cloth diapers back into the mainstream so as many families and communities can take advantage of all the benefits that come with their use.”
Dennis Frederick: “I am participating on the board because I very much want RDIA to succeed as a voice for a growing and dynamic industry.”
We would also like to thank the outgoing officers who will be continuing their service on the RDIA board of directors.
- Mandi Meidlinger, (Jillian’s Drawers), retailer; RDIA Secretary, 2010-2011; RDIA Chair, 2011-2012
- Peter Allen (Do Good Diapers), diaper service; RDIA Treasurer, 2011-2012
And outgoing board members whose terms ended this year:
- Shayla Boyd-Gill, (Alyah’s Alternatives), retailer; RDIA Chair, 2010-11; RDIA Secretary, 2011-2012
- Tamara Champion, (Parenting By Nature), retailer
- Kim Meador, (Eco-Baby Diaper Service), diaper service
These RDIA members have given so much of their personal and business time to lead both this organization and this industry to success. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to current or previous executive board members via our Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram (RealDiaperIndustry) accounts.