Job Posting – Executive Director
Real Diaper Industry Association (RDIA)
RDIA serves its member businesses through the creation of programs that enhance member business activity or activities that seek to change the public perspective regarding cloth diapers thereby increasing the overall level of business activity for cloth diapers.
As the primary choice for babies, reusable cloth diapers increase sustainability for people, planet, and profit.
The Real Diaper Industry Association strives to make reusable cloth diapers the primary choice for babies’ parents and caregivers while emphasizing responsibility and sustainability through a focus on people, planet, and profit. RDIA works toward these goals by providing service and opportunities through business education, industry research, collaborative marketing, and group benefits.
- We conduct ourselves with integrity and professionalism in compliance with our strict code of ethics.
- We apply current information and experience within cloth diaper and related industries to analyze, improve processes, and educate.
- We are an open community fostering cooperative culture, sharing knowledge towards our common purpose.
- We value diversity within all membership categories; welcoming and supporting qualified businesses of all sizes dedicated to our mission.
- As members, we are committed to clear and transparent communication within our association. As board members, we will provide transparent communication to our members regarding decisions of the board and operations.
- Help members help their customers.
- Harness energy of the entire group to expand membership and strategic alliances.
- Champion public and private sector programs for the purchase and use of cloth diapers.
- Optimize internal processes.
Executive Director Job Description
Executive Director is responsible for management of the organization with a focus on member relations and member benefit programs. The position is a part-time, at-will employee who serves at the pleasure of the Board of Directors.
Executive Director reports to and works closely with the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Track existing programs, projects, and committees through project management system.
- Monitor and maintain member retention efforts.
- Communicate with members and general public through publications and correspondence.
- Respond to inquiries via telephone and e-mail.
Further Duties as time permits
- Develop with Board programs and projects that advance RDIA’s mission.
- Implement programs and projects that advance RDIA’s mission.
- Fundraising, including marketing to potential members, development of sponsorship and collaborative marketing opportunities, and event planning.
- Develop and maintain member benefit programs.
- Develop and implement industry research projects to benefit members.
- Create and promote business education programs for members.
- Update website content as needed.
- Familiarity with cloth diapers.
- Familiarity with small business.
- Excellent communication, management, and organizational skills.
- Nonprofit or other corporate management experience.
- Writing, editing, and graphics skills for communication projects.
- Leadership experience.
- Development skills.
- Knowledge of cloth diaper industry a plus.
- Education in business, nonprofit, or association management preferred.
Hours & Compensation
10 hours per week at $15-18/hour, depending on experience. Additional hours and compensation after six months based on funding.
Board of Directors will judge performance of Executive Director in the following areas: financial stability of organization; creativity and strength of member programs; and effectiveness of management team.
How to Apply
Contact: Dennis Frederick
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Real Diaper Industry Association is a California nonprofit mutual benefit corporation, with 501(c)(6) tax exempt status, acting as a trade association for the cloth diaper industry.